Best Blogger Tips

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The One BIG Mistake You Could be Making When Writing Post Titles

I use 'Luckiest Guy' as the font for my post titles. It's big, bold, and I don't have to worry about capitalization, for the font already does that for me. Or does it?

About a week ago, I was looking up blogging tips, and from the seatch resilts page, I saw an interesting post title. It looked informative, but there was one thing that made me hesitate before clicking it:

None of the words in the post title were capitalized, a slight sign of low-quality. Finally I clicked on it, and realized the website didn't show the post title, but replaced with with a large photo that contained the title in all caps already (the blog was clean and professional, though)

I won't name the website, but here's my own example to what happens if you don't spell post titles out  correctly: (the post title is in the words in bold/red underline)



I don't think many bloggers do this, but that sad truth about post titles is that the font they appear on your blog will be different than the font on the your search engine (you know, when you just search a question and you get a bunch of results listed). If you like on my blog now, you'll see the post title correctly capitalized with the ever-so deceiving font.

I still like it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember when commenting:

1. Be respectful 2. Minimal cursing 3. No spam 4. Nothing inappropriate.

Comments are not moderated, but anything that breaks these rules will be deleted asap.

Facebook button Twitter button Pinterest button Google Plus button